Whats Inside My Box?: Week of August 08, 2023
Organic Rainbow Carrots from Cattails
Organic Slicing Tomatoes from Full Circle
Pure Farms Salad Mix
Organic Bunched Onion from Red Door
Mixed Carrot and Kohlrabi Noodles from Oldens
Savory Hash from Oldens
Did you know Milk helps improve your bone health?
Keep your box items Fresh…
• Keep refrigerated and stored in a sealed container away from excess moisture.
• Always wash items with salt/vinegar/warm water before consuming.
• Compost after 7 days, or if mold is beginning to grow. Avoid consuming products that have odd smells, slime, textures, etc. or if they feel soft and dehydrated.
Owned and Operated by Linda and Michael Graf, and Thomas and Nikki Grams, Pure farms strives to deliver fresh, local, and chemical-free produce to their customers providing exceptional flavor, shelf-life, and nutrition 365 days a year.Thomas is their head grower and does a wonderful job producing awesome lettuces, microgreens and herbs pesticide and herbicide free with 90 percent less water than traditional farming.
Savory Hash Breakfast
• Heat 2 Tablespoons butter or cooking oil
• Add 1 lb. hash and saute until tender – 8 to 10 minutes
• Season with salt and pepper, to taste
• Serve with toast or scrambled eggs
Cool and Crunchy Asian, Ranch, or Italian-style Kohlrabi and Carrot Noodle Salad
• 1 lb kohlrabi and carrot noodles
• One bunch of onions, sliced thinly (optional)
• Diced tomatoes (optional)
• Mix ingredients in a large bowl
• Add your favorite Asian, Ranch, or Italian salad dressing and marinade for at least 30 minutes or overnight