Whats Inside My box? Week July 28, 2023
Raspberries from King Berry
Cherry Tomatoes from Full Circle
Red Potatoes from Svihels
Broccoli Micro-greens from Supercharge!
Green Beans from Cattails
Eggs from Happy Harvest
Zucchini Noodles from Olden Produce
Yogurt from EC
An egg shell can have as many as 17,000 pores!
Keep your box items Fresh…
• Keep refrigerated and stored in a sealed container away from excess moisture.
• Always wash items with salt/vinegar/warm water before consuming.
• Compost after 7 days, or if mold is beginning to grow. Avoid consuming products that have odd smells, slime, textures, etc. or if they feel soft and dehydrated.
King Berry Farm
King Berry Farm is located in Waupaca County. They have flowers, fresh produce, and gifts! King Berry is owned and founded by Steve Scheller. This year is their 40th year being in business.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16-24),shelled and de-veined
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
• 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth or shrimp broth or vegetable broth
• 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1lime)
• 3 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon lime zest
• 2 tablespoons cilantro,chopped
1- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until frothing, add the shrimp, cook for 2minutes, flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute before setting the shrimp aside.
2- Add the white wine and lime juice to the pan, de-glaze it, simmer for 2 minutes, add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2minutes, before seasoning with salt and pepper,adding the shrimp, lime zest and cilantro, tossing everything and removing from the heat.